Thrive for Good
Business address: 1455 Sixteenth Avenue East, Unit 5, Richmond Hill, L4B 4W5, ON, Canada
Thrive for Good is looking to expand its team and add a Senior Program Manager to coordinate our growth through Strategic Partnerships. Our team is a small group of agile, fast-paced, creative, enthusiastic, action-oriented individuals. If you love to collaborate with others, enjoy fast-paced, challenging and fulfilling work, this role may be perfect for you.
Our Senior Program Manager position will be critical to contributing to the success of multiple projects with our Strategic Partners.
The successful candidate for this role must be a team-player who is excited to engage with key stakeholders with other organizations in our partnership portfolio.
Thrive for Good empowers people to grow health and step out of poverty by cultivating Life Gardens.
Two billion people living on low-cost diets don’t get the vitamins, minerals and micronutrients they need for life. Kids don’t get enough nutrients to develop and grow strong. Adults can’t stay healthy to provide for their families.
Thrive is teaching and equipping people to grow an abundance of healthy, organic, disease fighting foods – sustainably.
Life Gardens make this transformation possible. Well-nourished children get sick less often and perform better in school. Adults can fight disease, so fewer children are orphaned. With health and the skills to generate an income from growing surplus food, they can take hold of a life beyond poverty.
In 2020 we took a fundamental ‘pivot’ and built an online training program called the Thrive Institute where learners from all around the world can access our training and support as we walk alongside them to bring Life Gardens to their communities. In 2021 we expanded our strategy with partners considering those organizations already engaged in asset-based community development work.
About the Role:
The Senior Program Manager plays a critical role in the planning, execution and evaluation of the partnership programs we are building. A multi-tasker, with insight into multiple projects at any given time. The Senior Program Manager helps to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with program plans. To achieve these goals, the Senior Program Manager will work with others to define and refine project requirements and scope, and organize program delivery.
With a can-do attitude, and the experience to know when to work independently and when to seek the guidance of others, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of partnership programs.
- Work with the Director of Communications and Donor Engagement and International Executive Director to track activities throughout the project lifecycle, including scheduling, documentation, PM&E budgeting and expenses.
- Work with the Director of Communications and Donor Engagement to plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, using the appropriate software tools and applicable project management methods
- Monitor progress of projects and work with others to adjust plans as needed
- Work collaboratively across the organization to help find all opportunities for alignment and partnership
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings, including with team leadership in Kenya, India and South Africa to monitor project progress, track updates and changes, and ensure the right information is shared with those who need it.
- Plan and coordinate meetings with program stakeholders
- Produce regular status reports on the progress of projects, solving problems strategically, recommending solutions and engaging others as required
- Facilitate on-the-ground programming
- Works to ensure smooth program delivery
You excel in the following areas:
- Planning/Organization/Project Management: Create and implement action plans and budgets; document, evaluate and learn.
- Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs.
- Communication. Communicate in a confident, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques depending on the audience.
- Attention to detail. Will not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing circumstances, priorities and conditions, while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience, Skills and Language:
- 6+ years of relevant experience: program administration and implementation, project management, relationship development and management, government relations, consultation within the relief and development sector.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience implementing projects for low and middle income countries (LMIC)
- Minimum education of a university BA in a related degree to International Affairs/Studies.
- Experience with relief and development programs is required.
- Demonstrated successful management of multiple projects, simultaneously coordinating communication across departments and levels within the organization to ensure improved efficiency
- An aptitude for working with cross-functional teams and delivering results amongst remote teams
- Experience managing projects within government and within international organizations demonstrating success in project delivery and execution.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and synthesizing information to produce high quality project documents (including impact assessments, quarterly reports, knowledge management documents and communication materials)
- Experience providing accurate follow up to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Have international experience with different cultures in a work environment.
- Proven networking and negotiation skills, including the ability to interpret interest of corporations and translate them into attractive partnership opportunities
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and G-Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software and collaboration platforms such as Smartsheet, SalesForce or others.
- Proficient knowledge of using SalesForce CRM for program management and M&E reporting Familiarity with design thinking models, software and approaches (an asset)
- Fluently spoken and written English.
- Reports to the International Executive Director of Thrive for Good
- Regular business hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (ET) some flexibility may be negotiated on a case by case basis.
- Work in a hybrid work model, working remotely and in the organization office at 1-2 days a week.
- Be part of our remote leadership team (there are 3 of us in Canada, 3 in India and Africa) and we ‘huddle’ 1x a week
Terms of Contract
- Position type: Full time, permanent (40 hours/week)
- Location:Thrive for Good Office: 1455 Sixteenth Avenue East, Unit 5, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
- Salary $60,000/yr
We offer an excellent environment. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter as one pdf to email@example.com with the title “Senior Program Manager”